« Back to Blog
Coaching, a strategy for goals and personal growth.
Why work with a coach?
Coaching is an area of our business that is really growing. It’s something that I personally do more and more and really enjoy. With careers become more fluid and individuals running portfolios, aspiring to self employment or considering radical changes, the timing has never been better to work with a coach.
In the sports world an athlete doesn’t get to the top of their profession without the guidance and support of a coach. Without a coach they would not be at the peak of their performance, achieve the goals they set themselves and gain the success they so badly want.
Whatever your ambitions, be they running your own business, wanting to progress in your career or achieve a happy work-life balance we know that:
- If you commit your goals to writing you are 40% more likely to achieve them.
- If you tell someone else you are 60% more likely to achieve them.
- If you have a coach you are 95% more likely to achieve your goals.
Coaching can come in many forms – but a coach is someone who will enable you to improve, motivate you and hold you accountable to set and achieve your goals, enabling your personal growth. When we ask people about personal growth it is often something they abandoned long ago as other responsibilities crept into their lives. It doesn’t have to be like that.
Some of the positive benefits of working with a coach are:
- Time to focus on YOU and what you want to achieve.
- Achieve greater results in less time.
- Someone to challenge, motivate and support you.
- Enable you to come up with a fresh approach to an old problem.
- A safe supportive environment to discuss your issues and test out your ideas.
- Your personal development mentor.
- Give you accountability and commitment.
- Create an action plan and support you in achieving it.
- Someone to provide unconditional support and praise or give constructive feedback.
- Regular focus, motivation and make you clearly accountable
- An objective impartial point of view. Unlike your friends, partner, family, work colleagues or boss.
- A different perspective – allowing you to step back and take a fresh look at things.
- A safe environment in which to talk through your challenges and issues.
- Questions that will uncover the source of any problem or blockage.
- Identify what is really important for you.
- Challenge – to stretch you and nudge you out your comfort zone.
- A sounding board for your ideas.